Motherhood, Hysterectomy and Hormones: The Emotional Impact of change and being a Mom in Your 40s

As a mother 👩‍👧‍👦 who had kids young, I never imagined that I would be navigating motherhood in my 40s and dealing with the challenges that come with it. Having my youngest child at age 28, I thought I had it all figured out - but the world around me changed, and I was thrown into menopause, which was a rough transition not just for me, but for my spouse and my daughter as well.

Going through menopause while trying to understand and empathize with my teenage daughter has been tough, and to add to that, I recently had a hysterectomy 🏥 just after her 9th birthday, which has left me feeling like I don't fully understand my own body. Being a mother with no uterus anymore has been challenging, and it's difficult to explain everything that's happening to me. But I know I'm not alone in this journey.

I try my best to empathize with my daughter, who is going through her own stages of life, and I know that even though I may not have all the answers, I can still be there for her. It's tough to navigate my own challenges while trying to be a supportive and present mother to her, but I remind myself every day that I'm doing the best I can. 💪

Having a hysterectomy doesn't change who I am as a mother. I still have the same love and dedication to my family, and I'm still navigating the same challenges that come with motherhood. But it's important to acknowledge that it's tough - both physically and emotionally. 💔


To all the mothers out there who are navigating motherhood in their 40s, whether you had kids young or not, I want you to know that you're not alone. The challenges we face are unique, but we're all in this together. Let's continue to support each other, share our experiences, and remind ourselves that we're doing the best we can. 🤗

Comments